We are starting a series on graduating seniors that have spent a great deal of time in the shop. Some of these students have spent what equals 7-9 class periods in this class and have done amazing things and grown tremendously. These students exemplify the ideals of this program and I get sad every year that I lose these students.
- What made you want to join this class?
A guy came around to the middle schools when we were choosing schools and I heard about the shop class.
- How long have you been taking manufacturing classes?
4 years, two class periods each year
- What types of projects have you done over the last few years?
Welding car parts and metal sculptures
- What are your plans for the next few years?
Find a manufacturing job. I am also looking into metallurgy at EVCC.
- How has this class prepared you for your future?
This class taught me everything I need to know to prepare me for my plans.
- What has been your favorite part of being in this class?
I like the metal working equipment. The freedom to choose specialties.
- If you had one more year in the shop, what would you make or learn?
I would want to learn and spend some time on the CNC machine.
- Do you have any advice for our younger shop students?
This is a great place to get training and skills for jobs.
Here is a selection of Joey’s work