Another former student stopped by and is pursuing a career in welding. I have had a lot of graduates stop by recently. This is an unusual amount in such a short amount of time.
- When did you graduate from Arts and Tech?
2015, last year
- How long did you take manufacturing classes here?
3 years, or 6 class periods
- What types of projects did you do when you were here?
I mostly focused on welding skill building.
- Now that you have graduated, what are you doing?
I had a job in welding after I graduated, but moved on.
- How has this class prepared you for your future?
I worked on welding skills. TIG, MIG, Arc, CNC plasma, oxy/fuel and fabrication skills. I liked watching youtube videos and reading welding books at home at practicing at class.
- What was your favorite part of being in this class?
Being able to work on what I felt needed to be worked on.
- If you had one more year in the shop, what would you make or learn?
A lot more stick welding. A lot of jobs out there for that.
- Do you have any advice for our younger shop students?
Learn a trade.
Here is a selection of Ian’s old work.