A former student stopped by and he is pursuing a career in fabrication and welding.
Tonight is one of the great events at Arts and Technology High School. Marysville School District high schools are a series of small learning communities that specialize in different pathways. Tonight, at our school, next year’s incoming freshman will get to see all of the clubs, classes and groups our school offers. Each class and club puts up a booth showcasing their work. It acts as a great way for incoming freshman to feel welcome and get a feel for the school. It has also served the upperclassmen feel a sense of accomplishment seeing these students excited about their work. It is one of the best community building activities at our school. Here are some pictures from walking around.
A former student stopped by and she is pursuing a career in manufacturing. Since I just started my student profiles, these graduates never got the recognition they deserved.
You can now buy shirts and sweatshirts with our logo on it! I am planning to buy a bunch of shirts in bulk to bring the cost down, but you are more than welcome to order your own from here.
Shop club will start this Wednesday. We voted to have this happen every other Wednesday from 2:40-6:40. Have a look at the school calendar to find specific dates.
Things you can do during club time:
- Learn a new tool that hasn’t been covered in class yet
- Get caught up on licenses for tools we have covered, but you may have missed or needed extra help with
- Work on a specific project that is outside of the class curriculum
- Work on a community service project
- Teach other students tools that you have mastered
- Practice on a specific process or tool